Sunday 25 November 2018

Under the Mild Weather

It was finally a mild day on the farm; unfortunately, we could not really appreciate it as we are all preoccupied with battling a bad head cold.  Ian is faring the best thanks to his regime of Advil Cold and Flu medication.

I am faring the worst both because I have been sick the longest and thanks to my inability to take any real medication.  As a result, I have not slept in a week because I cannot breathe.  I am using a combination of pregnancy friendly remedies (a neti pot, nasal saline spray, a humidifier with Vicks vapour oil, hot tea, etc.) but honestly, I feel like I have been run over by a very, very large truck.  I have also lost my voice completely which my family thinks is either funny (Liam and Seamus) or that I am faking (Ian).  Liam and Seamus are somewhere in the middle with Liam feeling slightly better today and Seamus feeling slightly worse.

But life goes on, so we continued our Christmas viewing with the original Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.  We tried to take it easy (why do sick kids still have so much energy?) so we (mostly me) are able to face the week ahead without having a mental/emotional breakdown.  I am exaggerating but seriously, if I do not get some sleep soon things are going to get very bad.  Here's to hoping that our immune systems kick it up a notch so that tomorrow we can breathe (and sleep and breathe and stop coughing and breathe).

Ever the trusty companions, Charlotte and Emily are the only ones
not worried about catching whatever horrible bug we humans all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment