Wednesday 6 April 2022

Return to the Woods

Despite feeling terrible this morning, when the boys asked if we could “return to the good ole days” (aka last year’s pandemic homeschooling) and get some fresh forest air into our lungs, I didn’t have the heart to refuse. Not only did it break my heart a bit that our year of homeschooling is a highlight in their life (sigh) but I am clearly the most symptomatic of all of us (the boys are still pretty energetic despite having COVID) so who am I to deny them a forest walk on a gorgeous, sunny day? My only caveat was that Alistair had to walk since I could hardly get my aching bones moving, let alone carry him. The boys agreed so I picked a secluded trail where we wouldn’t run into anyone else and a few Advil later (for me) we were in the woods enjoying the lovely weather.  Liam and Seamus held Ali’s hand most of the way and helped him along. When they aren’t fighting, these three are truly best buddies.














No comments:

Post a Comment