Monday 11 April 2022

Calling it Done

And just like that, maple syrup season 2022 has come to a close. This year we had a great season with taps going in on February 26th and coming out on April 11th. We made about 60L of maple syrup from our 36 taps. 



It is quite lucky actually that Mother Nature is seemingly aligned with our kids' sensibilities - they are done with mapling at the same time. When I went to pick up Alistair at daycare this afternoon he broke down in tears upon seeing me sobbing that he didn't want to come home because he didn't want to go mapling. Poor kid. He did managed to endure our last evening of sap collection and the pulling of the taps but he has begun equating mapling with COVID tests - "No mapling! No nose swab!"  Good grief. I guess it is a good thing for everyone that the maple syrup season is officially over.

For the record, I like mapling!
The season is always over too soon for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment