Saturday 23 April 2022

Getting Busy Bright and Early

We were up with the sun today and ready to get outside and get busy! How I love the weekend.


It is time to start hardening off some of our cold tolerant seedlings. I hate lugging plants in and out of the house so I am hardening these fellows off under a high tunnel over a pallet garden - then I can just cover and uncover them as needed.

Ian was able to do a first plough of the main kitchen garden. Liam and I then immediately sowed a few rows of swiss chard, carrots, beets and turnips!


While Ian hooked up the pond filter and waterfall pump, I got busy in the pond clipping back and cleaning out the dead cattails. Wading through the stinky, mucky pond is my least favourite chore on the farm but with my Dad's hip waders I stayed dried and toasty warm. It wasn't so bad at all!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment