Wednesday 27 February 2013

Farm Update

It has been a slow week here on Gael Glen Farm.  While temperatures have gotten a bit more mild, we're still in Old Man Winter's clutches with a forecast for 15cm of snow today.

Everyone on the farm is doing fine.  The chickens, ducks, fish and bees are all status quo.

Happy chicken.
  Charlotte is great and Emily is still wearing the blue cone; however, her ear is on the mend.

Em is still grumpy.
  Avery has started another shed; to date she has shed the skin on her ridge and is currently working on her face.

Avery is working hard on her brand new skin.
The baby and I are doing fine; though I do have multiple pregnancy aches and pains that I am happy to share with anyone who will listen.  The worst of which right now is sore hips.  Apparently completely normal but still quite painful.  If I sit for too long I end up hobbling around like a very, very old woman.

The baby has been kicking up a storm this past week.  Ian finally felt him kick for the first time a few days ago.  He said it felt to him like an irregular heart beat.  He said it was really weird to feel something kick from inside me - I think the baby has been kicking me so much lately I am used to the strangeness of it by this point.

Ian came back from his trip to Mexico with a bad case of Montezuma's revenge.  So bad, that Ian (who hates going to the doctor) made his own appointment to get some antibiotics.  Luckily they worked like a charm and he is on the mend.  Maybe next time he will think twice about eating meat tacos from a food cart on the streets of Mexico City - very bad idea, even for a man who usually has an iron stomach.

Street taco stand.
Mexican street meat - good decision at the time...bad decision  three days later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Ian's digestive problems. When we went to Mexico City when I was 14, a similar thing happened to a girl in our student exchange group. She spent a few days in the hospital there. If you go to a travel clinic before your trip, they'll sometimes give you a prescription for antibiotic so you can have drugs on hand in case you get the runs. Something to think about next time. The cipro came in handy when I went to Honduras in 2011.

    ReplyDelete