Tuesday 12 February 2013

Calling in Reinforcements

We had another dump of snow over the weekend and with Ian away at winter camp, I needed a bit of help with the shoveling and snowplowing.  Luckily my parents were quick to offer assistance and respond in my time of need.  Not only did they do all the manual labour but my Dad sweet talked our neighbour with the giant orange tractor into plowing the driveway for us.  It usually takes us about fifteen passes with our small snow blower to do the driveway; whereas, it literally took the orange tractor three passes to clear the entire laneway while shooting the snow halfway across our front lawn.    Many thanks to Dad, Mom and our wondeful neighbour for their assistance in digging my way out of "Snowmageddon"!  You are the best!


















Today; however, is a whole different story.  It is still morning and the temperature is already above 0 degrees C!  Woohoo!  I can literally see the snow melting.  The sight of "drip, drip, drip" off our back deck warms my heart.


A few more days like this and maybe we'll have no snow at all...please, please, please...

1 comment:

  1. That's great that they could help :) What's winter camp?

    ReplyDelete