Friday 7 December 2018

The Meticulous Sprinkler and Trusty Taste Tester

I spent the morning frequenting the physician and pharmacy again.  Apparently a second round of antibiotics is in my future.  One day I will feel better...one day...

Meanwhile, Grandma and Seamus donned their (imaginary) elf hats and did some of the Christmas baking that is on my to-do list but that I just have not felt up to doing.  Shortbread cookies were on their baking agenda this morning.  As it turns out, Ian and I have different decoration preferences for our holiday shortbread - who knew?!  At Grandma's suggestion, Seamus, who is learning the art of compromise, offered to split the dough and decorate each half differently to suit both of us.  What a sweetie.

Seamus and Grandma measured meticulously.

Mixed.

Seamus displayed intense focus when it came time to sprinkle.

Ready for the oven.

Our trusty taste tester.

Grandma and Seamus' cookies passed everyone's taste test with flying colours.  Luckily they were transferred quickly to the freezer or else there might not have been any left for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment