Tuesday 12 June 2018

A Really Great Day

Some days are just really great days.  Today was one of them.  Cobalt is now nursing like a champ.  No need for a bottle anymore!  Woohoo!

Alice (left) is still pregnant.  Violet (middle) and Cobalt (right).
This morning we harvested produce for our second CSA basket.  It was epic.


This week's basket included: a head of leaf lettuce, 2x heads of endive, a turnip, 5 jalapeno peppers, red scallions, red and yellow radishes, chicken and/or duck eggs, parsley, mint, chives, oregano, basil, arugula, spinach, kale, chard, garland, pea shoots, red clover microgreens, and wasabi mustard microgreens.  Whoa right?  Delicious.  Both our CSA families are really happy, which makes me as the farmer really happy.  I love to see people excited over the vegetables that I have put so much time and energy into.

While I was occupied with harvesting and preparing baskets, Grandma, GG, and Seamus helped me by weeding my vegetable gardens.  They now look amazing and are ready for more grass on top in the big garden and more planting in the pallet gardens for later crops.  I am so grateful for the help from my two best ladies.


This afternoon was excellent.  My Mom treated us to High Tea at the Chateau Laurier (my favourite thing EVER) in honour of my graduation.  It was wonderful.  I swear, if I ever go "missing", you know where to look...




I am so incredibly lucky to have these two strong, capable, hardworking and loving women supporting me in achieving my dreams - whether they are farming or completing my doctorate.  I love them both very much and am so thankful that they are part of my life.

Did I mention that Cobalt is off the bottle?!  Woot!  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment