Sunday 9 October 2022

Taking a Chance


I started out the day with an orange cranberry bagel from Bidgoods, smothered in sugar-free partridge berry jam, with a side of wild blueberries from Kerry's dad, Gordon's, secret stash and a cup of tea with Evaporated milk. A very Newfoundland breakfast for Day 4 of my adventure.


For our Thanksgiving hike, we headed out to Chance Cove. This was an easy trek with a big pay off.

































Do you see me there? Look closely - I am very, very tiny!

After an afternoon of visiting Gordon's friends from Oderin Island where he grew up, we headed back home for Thanksgiving supper. Kerry's mom, Maureen, had fashioned quite a feast while we were out adventuring. There were several new things for me to try too, including: pudding (boiled in a bag and sliced), mustard pickles and salt beef (tastes like corned beef). Lots of boiled vegetables too (potatoes, turnips, cabbage) and, of course, a perfectly cooked turkey. I have famished and this certainly hit the spot. There is lots to be grateful for today.





No comments:

Post a Comment