Tuesday 11 October 2022

Shuffling Along Behind the Old Timers

I am not moving too fast today but I managed to shuffle along behind the old timers as they strolled along Quidi Vidi Lake Trail.  It was a perfectly flat 5 km walk which was a-okay with me and my blistered toes. A big thank you to Gordon for letting me tag along on his daily walkabout with Leo and then taking me on a drive about through Quidi Vidi village.





Then it was flipper pie (yup, seal - tasted like they soaked a cow into the ocean and then slow cooked him) for lunch with an array of very odd mashed potato based salads. Not sure how I feel about any of these items but I ate them up anyway.


The top left is mashed potatoes mixed with pickled beets.
The bottom right is mashed potatoes mixed with mustard.
Not sure about the other two - they kind of tasted similar.
All are served cold.
All are a bit odd but I kind of liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment