Thursday 23 June 2022

One Thing After Another

 I was so thrilled to see Gus Gus return to the farm today and was finally able to locate her egg stash. I built her a beautiful, fluffy straw nest in her own part of the coop and relocated her and her eggs to safety just in time for a huge downpour that turned her muddy hole in the ground "nest" into a miniature pond. Well, so much for that. Gus Gus did not want anything to do with her new nest, her relocated eggs, or her dry safe space in the coop. After two hours of her throwing a fit and kicking her eggs around (and me hoping she would give up, gather them up, and sit on them), I opened the door and she fled to be with Pecky Becky, abandoning her eggs entirely. Sigh. That was an epic failure, though at least Gus is back to sleeping safely tucked away in the coop at night.  Until she lays another clutch of eggs I suppose and we begin the whole process again. Double sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment