Tuesday 24 May 2022

Suit Jacket on Top, Dirty Knees on the Bottom

Today began bright and early at 4:30 am with a virtual presentation at an academic conference in Denmark.  Luckily I am a morning person.


Next it was out to the garden to get planting. With the risk of frost past and rain in the forecast for later in the week, today we started planting our frost sensitive produce. With Liam's help, in went tomatoes, eggplant, flowers, chinese cabbage, and potatoes - so, so many potatoes.

At 9 am, I washed my filthy hands and dusted the dirt off my knees, put on my suit jacket and stepped into my office to "begin" my work day.  Off went the jacket and out again for more planting during my lunch break.  After finishing work, getting the kids to bed and donning my suit jacket for one last evening meeting, I headed outside to plant a final row of lettuce and put the animals to bed.

It has been a very long and thoroughly exhausting day.


No comments:

Post a Comment