Saturday 14 May 2022

I Did It...Eek!


With rain finally in the forecast for the next week, I could not resist planting my row crops. I know it is early still and I DID wait to plant my tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers - they are still in pots hardening off and movable in case of a surprise frost yet to come.  But the weather forecast was too good to pass up for planting the majority of my seeds. I planted the entire chicken coop garden after the kids went to bed. I put in rows of nasturtiums, radish and daikon, spinach, lettuce, snap peas, yellow beans, carrots, beets, cucumber and zucchini.  I also transplanted in the third succession planting of cabbage.  After such a long dry spell, the soil is warming up. It will be warm and moist over the next week - perfect for seed germination!

No comments:

Post a Comment