Sunday 5 December 2021

Before the Birthday Blizzard

I was able to sneak out of the house this morning while the pre-birthday party chaos was in full swing to spend some time preparing our barnyard family in advance of the coming winter weather.


I got the barns all cleaned up and fresh straw put down for warm, dry bedding.  I refilled minerals, changed the wood shavings in the nest boxes, added a new salt block, filled up water pails and topped up food bins.  Everyone is clean, dry, fed, warm and ready for the coming blizzard.


When I finally arrived back inside things were ready there too!  Ian and the boys threw me a lovely birthday brunch of eggs Benedict with homemade Hollandaise, maple lattes, and chewy marshmallow and Coffee Crisp brownies for dessert.




They sang me a perfectly lovely rendition of Happy Birthday and fun was had by all.  A quiet family celebration was exactly the right way to ring in my 40th.  I am now official old.  My bones are already aching just thinking about my new geriatric state.  Sigh.

Thank you my lovelies for an
excellent birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment