Tuesday 16 November 2021

Rainbow Pond Surprise


With the threat of inclement weather looming, I made an effort to get outside today to enjoy the blue skies and warm sunshine. I tried a new loop at the Carp Barrens. To call the top part of the loop a "hiking trail" was a stretch - it was more of a disappearing and reappearing beaver path - but I managed to keep mostly on track thanks to the GPS on my phone. I did have to trudge through ankle deep freezing water for part (soaking my socks and boots) and was pretty sure that I heard a loud snort at one point deep in the wilderness (I am hoping it was a deer) but aside from these small excitements, it was a pretty routine forest walk.








The bottom part of the loop, which I have done many times, was beautiful as always. I was particularly pleased with the incredible rainbow pond that I happened upon. I have never seen that before and it was as spectacular as it was unexpected.









Time for warm wool socks, a cup of tea and some computer work - perfect for resting my tired legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment