Sunday 14 November 2021

Buck Shot on a Very Grey Day

Deer hunting season is a wrap.  Would you believe that someone from this farm saw a huge buck today with a beautiful rack of antlers and it wasn't Ian?!  This is our second year in a row where the deer did not cooperate during hunting season.  Funny enough, though, this is my second hike in the past week where I have met a deer during my brief time tromping around in the woods.  Last week, I saw a beautiful doe in the Carp Barrens and today, I bumped into a majestic buck in the Greenbelt.  There is nothing better than sending my hunting husband deer photos from my hike while he is sitting up in his tree stand watching squirrels!  (Except a deep freeze stocked with venison, of course, but if we can't have that then at least we can have a sense of humour).



Aside from the surprise deer encounter, the rest of my hike was pretty monochromatic.  The photos below are presented in black and white for dramatic effect but they are not too far off from the very grey day that was today.










Not many leaves left but this tree was a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment