Tuesday 5 October 2021

I DON'T LIKE IT!

Alistair went for an early morning visit to see Mr. Jordan before his barbershop opened for the day.

I wasn't expecting much as we had spent the previous 45 minutes screaming and crying about not liking oranges and yogurt and then the 5 minutes right before leaving devouring both the oranges and yogurt and declaring them delicious.

Ali is firmly gripped in a phase of emotional volatility (commonly dubbed the terrible twos) so I wanted to reduce chances of giving any other barbershop patrons ear trauma from listening to his fervent protestations.  

Ali was initially excited to "buy a haircut from Mr. Jordan" but once he realized that would involve a loud, buzzy razor coming near his head, he freaked out (as expected).  

"I DON'T LIKE IT!  I DON'T LIKE IT!  I DON'T LIKE IT!  I DON'T LIKE IT! I DON'T LIKE IT!"

Despite the teary meltdown, everything was all good once the razor got put away and the lollipops came out.  As always, Mr. Jordan was incredibly kind and patient and still gave Ali the much anticipated thumbs up even after he had snotted on his scissors.  Thanks again Jordan.  You are the best barber.


No comments:

Post a Comment