Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Day 125: Navarre, FL

On what would have been the first day of school for the boys, we had the quietest day of the trip so far - full of rest and relaxation. We drank coffee and made a big, delicious breakfast. We baked (me bread and pizza dough, Liam cinnamon buns and brownies). We read our books.






We did a ton of laundry, washing every article of clothing and all our sheets and towels. We cleaned and vacuumed the truck and trailer.
 

The boys kayaked and tried to fly a kite. It was more a fight with a kite until the string broke and the kite sank to the bottom on the ocean. Given that outcome, I am not sure who won.





We fished off the private pier out back of our AirBnB. I almost caught a tiny sardine. I think Ali and I saw a manatee but it is hard to say for sure what exactly it was as it was mostly a snout with the rest underwater. Ian found an abandoned broken crab trap and fixed it up.






We ate homemade pizza and watched a family movie (Rookie of the Year) and honestly didn’t do much else. We mostly reveled in the luxury of living in a real house for a day, lol.






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an ideal way to spend a day when on vacation at an oceanfront beach house! I am certain the boys preferred this to riding a school bus back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci de partager

    ReplyDelete