Thursday 24 April 2014

The Elusive Crocus

Our first spring flowers have finally opened - I swear.  The blossoms appeared last week during the downpour, survived the snow and now are ready to greet the sun.  While they do not last long, there is something so uplifting about the sight of the first crocuses in the springtime.
Krystal's Attempt #1
Krystal's Attempt #2
This year's batch of crocuses; however, seem to be a bit shy.  I have had a heck of a time trying to get a photo of the blossoms when they are open.  I have seen them open in passing but never when I have my camera.  Every time I have a free moment to run out to take a picture, they are closed.  I have even sent Ian out to try to catch them in the act but with no luck.
Ian's Attempt #1
Ian's Attempt #2 (almost got them!)
Apparently crocuses are like the Polkaroo of spring flowers - I missed them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment