Friday 10 March 2023

Insanity



The last month has been insane. I have worked every single daytime, evening and most weekends for the past three weeks. Except, of course, for the two days I had the stomach flu and thought I was going to die.

I submitted the third of three grants worth 1 million dollar combined today. Finally. I am beyond exhausted. I feel a bit like my poor banana plant who was a victim of my neglect over the past month - not dead but not great. And it didn't even fare the worst. The kids and dogs all need haircuts badly, the barns need to be mucked immediately, and my lettuce all died. Like completely, totally dead. In all honestly, I feel pretty fried right now too. It has been a month of pure insanity.

On the one positive note, I was awarded $220K in grant funds as the lead researcher in the past two weeks (three separate successful grants). If only being awarded funding didn't come with more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment