Wednesday 8 October 2014

Doctor Mom

With both Alice (the sheep) and Liam (the toddler) feeling under the weather today, it has been a tiring day so far for Doctor Mom (aka me).  Alice is behaving oddly.  This began Monday evening with her refusing to go into the barn at night and not being interested in eating her grain.  Normally she cannot wait to chow down on her nightly grain ration and I have never had difficulty getting her into the barn.  I am not sure what is the matter with her.  I notice that the sheep have been gnawing on the bark of a pine tree in their paddock and I wonder if that is upsetting her tummy.  I hope she bounces back soon.

After having a very difficult time getting to sleep last night, Liam awoke this morning with a runny nose.  I think he is breathing mostly through his mouth which is resulting in a major drool fest.  And he has been producing some epic sneezes...you cannot even imagine - it is like being caught in a rain storm.  He must have picked something up at the Speech Evaluation Clinic I brought him to on Monday evening.  Sadly he did not pick up any words at the clinic but managed to pick up a bug of some sort.  Lucky us.

I finally got Liam down for a nap at 2pm (third try is a charm); hopefully he sleeps for more than 20 minutes.  I did have a bit of a chuckle with him this morning though.  In an effort to get him to drink more liquids to flush out whatever is in his system, I mixed half apple juice and half water in his sippy cup.  Liam has never had juice so I thought this would be a tasty treat.  He took one sip, looked at me like I was crazy and refused to drink any more until I dumped the contents of the cup down the sink and re-filled it with plain water.  Creature of habit much?  Too funny.

Hopefully everyone is feeling better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment