Tuesday 8 October 2019

Peaches, Pears and Pumpkins....Oh My!

Alistair loves pumpkin!


Sadly, we did not manage to grow even one pumpkin this year.  And so, it was off to the grocery store to purchase a few pie pumpkins since according to Ali, they are the new in thing.  Despite being wild over pumpkin, Alistair is not eating large quantities of anything yet, which left me with lots of extra pumpkin for baking.  We made pumpkin honey bread and it was delicious!




We also got working on processing the pears we collected the other day.  Ali and I canned up half a dozen jars of pears in a light simple syrup.  Much to Ian's dismay, I did not peel the pears.  First of all, I hate peeling things.  And second, doesn't the peel have lots of good vitamins or minerals or something in it?  Or is that just something your mom tells you so she does not have to peel your fruit for you?  Either way, no peeling for me and I am sure our freshly canned pears are still going to taste delicious.




Here is to hoping that all the jars sealed properly so we do not end up with pears that look like this!  Gross but still kind of pretty in its own way.  We definitely will not be eating these peaches; this jar is one for the compost pile!



No comments:

Post a Comment